Stella Maris Parish School was founded in 1956 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan.
In our first year, the school had seventy enrolled children and the fees were two shillings or twenty cents per child per week. From the beginning, parent support and co-operation has been excellent - without this support it is unlikely that the school would have survived the early, formative years.
This was an important beginning for our school. The partnership between parents and the school community has been strong ever since.
Our School was established under the protection of Our Lady Stella Maris (Star of the Sea), to assist parents in their work of Christian education.
In our school, we create a family atmosphere where teachers and children know and love one another, and where each child and parent is given as much individual care and respect as possible.